Physical Therapy Assistant - Portsmouth, OHPortsmouth, Ohio
What makes KindredHealthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our therapists answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our therapists provide compassionate rehabilitation care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life. The goal of inpatient rehabilitation is to help your patients live as independently as possible through specialized treatment programs.
Our care is designed specifically to help patients who have been impaired by an injury or illness such as a stroke, orthopedic or other neurological conditions. All of our rehabilitation hospitals feature care provided by an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team committed to helping patients progress to recovery. Our care is designed to help patients improve abilities and return to a more normal life.
As a Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA you will:
- Work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting.
- Under the supervision of the Physical Therapist, you will implement the patient's Care Plan for rehabilitation. Help mentally and/or physically impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with Kindred Healthcare, Inc., regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
As a Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA you will have:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA program culminating in an Associate Degree.
- Current state licensure as Physical Therapy Assistant / PTA or equivalent in the states where services are rendered.
- CPR certification (when required)
If you are a current Kindred employee .
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.