Director of Quality Risk & Operations - Wellbridge Healthcare - Plano, TXPlano, Texas
Wellbridge Healthcare, owned and operated by Kindred Behavioral Health, is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Director of Quality and Risk Management tojoin the team at our behavioral health hospital in Plano, TX. We specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration.
We are looking for someone who will have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
As a Director of Quality and Risk Management you will be:
- Responsible for planning and implementing the performance improvement program to meet the needs of the hospital.
- Facilitates performance improvement and CQI activities throughout the hospital through effective organizational skills and ongoing interaction with clinical chairpersons, nurse managers, ancillary department managers, administrative team, and Governing Body to facilitate the hospital-wide Performance Improvement program.
- Maintains awareness of changes in the regulations and requirements by accrediting bodies and current methodology and practices.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, CNO and administrative team.
- Uses database systems to document occurrences, medical staff review functions, committee review and actions. Compiles reports for committees and administrative team.
- Oversees preparation for review by regulatory agencies, educates and assists department managers to maintain appropriate policies and procedures to fulfill requirements and regulations.
- Maintains a good working relationships both within the department and with other departments. Consults with other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Participates in risk management and safety activities.
- Provides support and assistance to medical staff officers, committee chairpersons and Governing Body, as required
Qualifications – External
As a Director of Quality and Risk Management you will have:
Education (one of these is required):
- Doctoral Level Psychologist, Master’s Degree in a healthcare related field preferred or a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with RN.
- Independent Practice Scope License or RN; Certified Professional Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in Quality and/or Risk Management in a psychiatric hospital or managed care Clinical, Quality setting.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.