Health Information Management Coder - Behavioral Health - Phoenix, AZPhoenix, Arizona
Kindred Behavioral Health is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Medical Records Coder tojoin the team at Talas Harbor at Buckeyeand have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
As a Medical Records Coder you will:
- Codes medical records, including all diagnoses, operative and diagnostic procedures in patient medical records, using the International Classification of Diseases and enters coded information into an automated system.
- Acts as a liaison between medical staff and ancillary department personnel regarding coding documentation and assignment.
As a Medical Records Coder you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential or satisfactory completion of one year of college* (30 credits) which included a course in Medical Terminology
- One year experience as a medical records coder in a health care facility; or satisfactory completion of a college certificate program in Medical Records Coding of at least 30 credits, and one year of experience working with medical records in a medical records unit in a health care facility; or two years’ experience equivalent combination of the training and experience. Experience in a behavioral health hospital setting preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.