Occupational Therapist - Full TimePeoria, Illinois
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: Our Occupational Therapists shall be responsible for providing a full range of occupational therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in a team environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible team fashion.
- Conduct initial assessments.
- Develop individualized treatment plans.
- Provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluate patient response to treatment.
- Document the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
- Participate in team business meetings.
- Function as a resource for and provide team members with in-service/cross-training on occupational therapy knowledge and skill areas.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of program clinical/administrative functions.
- Participate in program quality management activities. Collect quality review data. Participate in survey preparation activities. Interact with assigned program consultant. Participate in program safety activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
- Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
- Maintain licenses/certifications and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
- The Occupational Therapist is a graduate of a School of Occupational Therapy.
- At a minimum, should be a graduate of a four year bachelor’s degree program approved by the CAHEA of the AMA in collaboration with the AOTA (or foreign equivalent).
- Current license/certification in the state where the hospital is located as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current BLS required.
- One year of experience in the care of patients in an acute hospital setting is required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.