Human Resources Director, OSF Transitional Care HospitalPeoria, Illinois
At Kindred Healthcare It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary:The Human Resources Director works closely with the Hospital and District leadership team to coordinate activities related to the Hospitals personnel. The HR Director provides oversight and consultation for one or multiple hospital facilities within in a market including, employee relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, compensation, HRIS/management reporting, new hire procedures, and benefits. Consults with and updates Senior/District Director of Human Resources regarding all Human Resources functions and activities. In collaboration with area management and under the direction of the District Director of Human Resources, communicates, facilitates/coordinates implementation and monitors new and/or enhanced HR programs, policies and procedures. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all areas and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both employee and company advocate. Serves as key member of Kindred Human Resources team, providing valuable input and feedback and assuring implementation and maintenance of division and corporate HR initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as applicable regulations and standards.
- Partners with the Hospital’s leadership team to effectively manage and document employee relations and corrective actions. Ensures that Hospital policies and procedures are consistently applied and adhered to while promoting an open door environment.
- Provides guidance and oversees the employee evaluation process. Ensures that managers are completing and presentation evaluations to employees timely and documentation is retained in the HRIS as appropriate.
- Responds to all requests for information from the Support Center, unemployment and other government agencies. Attends unemployment, workers compensation and EEO hearings when required.
- Coordinates and facilitates leadership development and other training opportunities within the Hospital.
- Champion organizational initiatives such as It Starts with Me, the annual Employee Engagement Survey and Action Planning process, Employee Recognition program, etc.
- Ensure new hires receive and understand employee benefits timelines, open enrollment processes HR Policies, and internal procedures and regulations. Working closely with Corporate Benefits department on issues and problems when needed.
- Manage and enhance the employee experience through “stay” and “exit” interviews.Identifies trends and provides Hospital leadership, the DDHR and/or Division Vice President with recommendations to address issues.
- Partners with the HR Payroll Admin, Benefits, HR Help, Compensation or other centers of excellence to research and resolve employee concerns such as pay and compensation issues.
- Monitors, implements and ensures compliance with new programs, policies or procedures based on State, Federal or local laws and/ or regulations.
- Ensures timely response to leave of absence requests and information requests from third-party administrators as well as regulatory agencies.
- Manages and responds to all requests for reasonable accommodation and thoroughly documents the interactive process meetings with employees and leaders. Identifies potential risks and escalates the matter to the DDHR and/or Legal department as appropriate.
- Promote Kindred Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives at the hospital level including ERG participation
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, required.
Licenses/Certification: Professional designation in Human Resources, preferred (i.e. HRCI / SHRM) preferred
- Position requires a high level of proficiency in HR policies and practices normally acquired through five + years of progressively responsible work experience in Human Resources at an exempt level
- Working knowledge of all state and federal laws related to the Human Resources Field.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Proficient in computer software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as the ability to attend and facilitate meetings virtually.
- Prior experience with SAP and Kronos is helpful.
- Stays informed about current and emerging trends across not only HR, but also technology and workplace culture.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 25 – 50%.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.