Sr Program Director - Behavioral HealthPasco, Washington
LifePoint Health is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Program Director to lead the Behavioral Health Unit team at Lourdes Medical Center in Pasco, WA and have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
Thisrole assistsinthe development and implementation of both inpatient and outpatientcareprograms as well as oversight for the residential programpoliciesand procedures that dictate howpatients’care needsareassessedandmet within theunit. Thisrole includesresponsibility for ensuringstandardsfor patientcareare establishedandmaintainedandprovide aconsistentstandard of caretoallparticipants; Implementing and monitoring an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of care delivered to participants; assisting with and promoting marketing, community relations related to the specified units and services; and assisting in expanding the continuum of services by exploring market needs and opportunities and responding with new program design, implementation and evaluation. May provide services for various patient populations. Supervises care provided based on defined standards of patient care and practice.
Essential Functions : (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Assumes personalresponsibilityforobtainingandmaintainingprofessionaldevelopmentandeducation.Maintainsorobtainsrelevantlicensureasappropriate
- Utilizes management,financial,regulatory, clinical andsystemsknowledgetoassessmarketneeds,functioningofunits/services, programs,andstaff;gathersdatafrom a varietyofsources in systematicmanner,tracking,trendingand analyzing and synthesizing performance indicators.
- Demonstratesleadership in planningprograms/services, interventions,policies, plansofcorrection,andmanagementofstaff.Initiatesandpursuesprogramideas,respondingto community/market need,regulatorychanges,patientserviceneedsandqualityservicedemands.
- Demonstratesproficiencyandskill in programdirectionasexhibited by:
- Coordinatesoperationsofservicesto assure the programphilosophy is implemented;includingrecruitmentof key positionsto assure adequateprofessionalsareavailabletoachieve this objective.
- Identifiesnew strategic programopportunitieswithin the fullcontinuumofcare.Designs, implements, andevaluates newprogram services.
- Engagesin marketingand community relationsactivities topromoteprogramandservices. Assessesparticipantreferrals,asappropriatetodetermine clinical appropriatenessandlevelofcarerecommendations.
- Providesoversightofhumanand fiscal resource utilization andfinancialperformance,maintainingbudgetaryandsafetyguidelines.
- Acceptsparticipation in special projects, otherdutiesandappointmentstohospital/local/regionalcommitteesasappropriate.
- Inconjunction with the DVP, Clinical Operations, BH or designee and Hospital Chief Clinical Officer,sets expectations forstandardsofoutpatientandinpatient practice, developingandimplementingongoingprogramstomeasure,assessandimprovethedeliveryofqualitypatientcare
- Ensures program compliance with all federal and state regulations. Stays abreast of regulatory changes impacting the provision of care and continually monitors CMS, TJC, and other prevailing governing bodies for most current guidance and trends. Modifies the program on an ongoing basis to ensure full compliance with statutes as well as optimal patient outcomes.
- CPR Certified and able to perform CPR techniques
- CPI or Handle with Care certified and able to complete physical management training and perform physical management techniques.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills, diplomacy, and relationship building.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and handle complex situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail and timely follow up.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English
Education: Minimum Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling or Nursing
Licenses/Certification: Licensure in State of Practice.
- 5 years of leadership experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.