Education Coordinator Full TimeParamount, California
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
- Plans, coordinates and teaches continuing education and in-service education for the hospital, including General Orientation.
Develops monthly education calendar.
Conducts corporate compliance agreement training and other needed staff education.
Participates in development of short-term and long-term educational goals based on identified needs through Quality Council and annual assessments.
Collaborates with managers to evaluate staff competency.
As an Education Coordinator you will have:
- Bachelors degree in nursing or other healthcare related field.
- Masters degree in nursing or a healthcare related field preferred.
- Additional state requirements as applicable.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Appropriate state licensure for clinical specialty.
- BCLS certifications
- ACLS certifications.
- Five years of experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical and/or ICU/CCU setting.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.