Social Worker (fulltime)Ontario, California
Job ID: 386840
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
No weekends or holidays.
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
In this key role you will integrate Social Service functions into patient care, discharge, and home planning processes with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities.
Help patients and families deal with the social and psychological factors of illness and their impact on family functioning and show them how to achieve maximum benefits from healthcare services
- Participate with physicians, nursing personnel and other members of the multidisciplinary team in planning patient care services and developing the patient care plan
- Engage in individual or group counseling sessions pertaining to care and adjustment
- Assist in implementing Social Services patient care policies and provide guidance in handling special cases or patient needs
- Develop harmonious working relationships with other departments; ensure staff’s awareness of available services and resources; serve as liaison with external social service organizations
- Direct the Social Services discharge and home-care planning process to ensure the provision of continuing care and effective patient/family support services; arrange for care through institutions and agencies in the community
- Provide information to patients, families and other hospital departments regarding the psychosocial aspects of the patient’s post-discharge treatment and recovery program
A candidate must be a graduate of a social work curriculum (or related field) with at least a BSW. Should have two or more years of experience in all aspects of social service and discharge.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.