Education Manager RN Full Time $15,000 Sign On BonusOntario, California
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Education Manager plans, coordinates and teaches continuing education and in-service education for the hospital, including General Orientation. Develops monthly education calendar. Conducts Support Center compliance agreement training and other needed staff education. Develops short-term and long-term educational goals based on identified needs through Quality Council and annual assessments. Collaborates with managers and peers to evaluate staff competency.
- Determines and develops short-term and long-term educational goals based on needs identified through Quality Council, Annual Assessments, specific training needs assessments, etc.
- Oversees development, planning and coordination of general hospital orientation. Coordinates with various department heads to include their specialty area.
- Creates and maintains specific orientation modules for new IP, new RN and new LVN.
- Develops and administers education operating budget.
- Manages planning and coordination of continuing and in-service education for the hospital.
- Manages development, planning and coordination of periodic in-service training on those issues identified by the Hospital Quality Council or a designated Performance Improvement Team.
- Serves as member of Hospital Quality Council.
- Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
- Ensures that the hospital's employees receive compliance training and all education necessary to perform their job responsibilities, as required by the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement. Tracks training status.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in nursing or a healthcare related field preferred.
- Additional state requirements as applicable.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- BCLS and ACLS certifications.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Preferred.
- Minimum one year experience as clinical preceptor or management experience required.
- Minimum five years' experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical and/or ICU/CCU setting.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.