Staff Accountant-Mercy Rehab HospitalOklahoma City, Oklahoma
A career at Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, a state-of-the-art inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital operated jointly with Kindred Healthcare and Mercy, is more than a job. It's a chance to be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people in the Great Plains region who need continued care to recover completely. You have specialized skills and our patients in the Oklahoma City area need them! If you are an enthusiastic individual seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we invite you to Apply!
This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable, monitoring of operational efficiencies, and month end close duties.
- Reviews Ancillary Gross Charges, laboratory, radiology, equipment rental, pharmacy, and supply charges daily.
- Maintains charge master for new charges.
- Reviews medical record, UDS record submission, and Meditech billing statement for consistency and accuracy.
- Follows up with insurance plans on patient eligibility if necessary.
- Works with patients on self pay and payment plans as necessary.
- Supervises and verifies account postings for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs routine vendor inquiry function using Meditech Accounts Payable software or SAP.
- Completes various journal entries and assists in month-end closing process.
- Assists with monitoring accuracy of charge capture procedure for ancillary services as needed.
- Verifies accuracy of patient demographic information as well as any necessary preauthorization numbers.
- Assists Controller with various expense analysis, charge analysis, and cost report preparation as needed.
- Responsible for biweekly payroll processing.
- Enters all requests for PTO in Kronos.
- Monitors time entry system (Kronos) to ensure that all punches are accounted for and accurate.
- Enters new hires into SAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Must be able to deal professionally with patients, physicians, visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess a high degree of analytical ability and strategic thinking.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.