Maintenance Technician-Mercy Rehab HospitalOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Performs general repair of building and equipment, preventive maintenance as delineated in PM program, assist with major repairs and respond to emergency situations. Assist engineers (plant operations) in maintaining facility in accordance with local, state and federal regulations (JCAHO, CARF and NFPA).
- Performs work orders repairs as assigned.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment as assigned.
- Responsible for daily operations and maintenance of the buildings equipment
- Assists in all preventive maintenance of the HVAC systems and in the repair of them.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of the energy management systems.
- Assists in data communications repair, installation and maintenance.
- Assists in plumbing repairs and electrical repairs
- Shares duties of on-call pager for emergency repairs after hours. Completes daily checklist of all utility equipment when on call.
- Takes direction from Director of Plant Operations on general building maintenance and cosmetic repairs.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of the hospital fire/safety program including the following management plans: Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials/Wastes, Emergency Preparedness, Life Safety, Medical Equipment and Utility Systems.
- Uses proper body mechanics and safety precautions in all job duties.
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as required.
- Has operational involvement in hazard surveillance.
- Takes Direction from the Safety Officer in the event of emergency and completes whatever action needed to effect immediate corrections of life threatening conditions.
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school; or 2 to 3 (2-3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience in performing general preventative maintenance in plumbing, electrical, and/or HVAC equipment, preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.