Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - PRNOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South is the second rehab hospital in OKC that is a joint venture between Mercy and Kindred Healthcare. It is a 36-bed rehabilitation hospital located in the southern part of the city and will serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.
This Licensed Practical Nurse position will work for both the Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South and Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital North.
Provides patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age; includes geriatric and general inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s needs and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly based on changes in patient’s condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ health care errors.
- Graduate of accredited licensed practical/ vocational nurse program.
- Current state licensure as Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- IV Certified required or obtained within 6 months highly preferred
- Minimum six months’ Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.