Float Occupational TherapistOklahoma City, Oklahoma
A career at Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, a state-of-the-art inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital operated jointly with Kindred Healthcare and Mercy, is more than a job. It’s a chance to be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people in the Great Plains region who need continued care to recover completely.
You have specialized skills and our patients in Oklahoma City need them! If you are an enthusiastic individual seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we invite you to apply!
This Occupational Therapist position will work for our Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital North and our Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital South.Qualifications
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state where the hospital is located.
- Previous experience in all aspects of occupational therapy preferred, but not required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English with additional languages preferred
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability as indicated for the care of those patients being treated by Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, rehabilitation technicians and occupational therapy students. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual as qualified to do so.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate occupational therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each patient team conference
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of occupational therapy modalities.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.