Clinical LiaisonOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job #: 409846
Our results-driven Clinical Liaison has an abundance of positivity and enthusiasm in addition to being a self-starter. Specifically, the Clinical Liaison will educate the community about the services provided, and develop and maintain positive relationships with patients, families, and medical professionals. The Clinical Liaison will facilitate the identification and assessment of medically appropriate patients for potential admission to the acute rehabilitation setting. The Clinical Liaison also will have the ability to use their clinical skills while working in a strategic business environment and enjoy the flexibility of working independently while being a part of a dedicated and talented team. Join us as a business partner and add your talents to a positive, fun work environment that embraces individuality, celebrates teamwork, and puts kindness, respect, caring and compassion above all else.
What do you need to be a successful Clinical Liaison at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
- Relationship expertise
- Good listener
Patients who have undergone major surgery, illness or suffered catastrophic injuries often require different levels of help during their recovery – going from acute care, through post-acute and then on to rehabilitation – before they can return to a normal life. In my role I offer referral facilities a proven and recognized resource for their patients who need advanced rehabilitative services. And personally for me, I am honored to play a part in our patient’s recovery by providing the link to the care they need to get back home with their families.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South is the second rehab hospital in OKC that is a joint venture between Mercy and Kindred Healthcare. It is a 36-bed rehabilitation hospital located in the southern part of the city and will serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.
- Maintain professional rapport with the private rehabilitation sector, commercial insurance companies, community organizations, rehabilitation nurses, accident and health carriers, HMO’s, workers compensation carriers, and self insured employers.
- Assure timely and responsive communications between referral sources and IRF.
- Communicate well in a public forum as related to giving presentations.
- Available for travel at least 75% of the time, as well as comfort with working in new, potentially unfamiliar markets (cold calling).
- Effectively handle conflict management/resolution.
- Even while training other liasions, be hands on and effectively multitask.
- Utilize various computer programs (UDS, Meditech, EMR, Microsoft Office, etc.) for gathering, reasearching and entering patient and insurance information.
- Act as support to facilities that require assistance with growing their community presence, training liaisons in the field, and developing their business plan. This includes giving presentations and assisting IRFs in their ongoing market analysis.
- Serve as a resource to the network/system for marketing and admissions related issues.
- Clinical Licensure required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous marketing/sales experience required
- Previous clinical experience required with demonastrated skills in clinical assessment and EMR systems.
- 2+ years experience in acute care or rehab highly preferred
- Requires a professional level of knowledge in physician relations and interfacing with insurance companies.
- Formal Sales Training preferred
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.