Director Case ManagementOcala, Florida
Job ID: 368337
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
No weekends or holidays.
As a Director Case Management, you will:
- Develop and implement the philosophies, policies, procedures and goals for the Case Management Department.
- Train and develop the Case Management staff and motivate them to accomplish department goals and objectives.
- Develop and oversee the annual Case Management budget.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the Department's functions.
- Provide information regarding changes in Medicare regulations and documentation issues to physicians and others as needed.
- Maintain Prospective Payment System, monthly case log and other files needed for peer review organization and specific needs of the hospital.
- Analyze physician utilization patterns, comparing to national and individual hospital standards. Communicate findings to Utilization Review and other appropriate individuals.
- Discuss denial of coverage related to Utilization Review with the Director of Quality Management. Assist with on-site monitoring reviews by PRO, Blue Cross, outside review organizations and third-party payers.
- Maintain a working relationship with local, state and federal agencies, recognizing the hospital's position in the community and its need for cooperation and assistance from such services
As a Director Case Management, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical area required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Healthcare professional licensure required as Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- Appropriate certification in Case Management preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification.
- Minimum three years experience in Hospital Case Management.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.