Occupational Therapist - OT - PRN - Per DiemOakland, California
Job ID: 261610
In this key and caring role, you will assess/screen patients’ daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. All in a highly supportive work environment that respects the individual, puts the patient first, and emphasizes growing, learning and having fun along the way. Join us as an Occupational Therapist and be at your best working collaboratively as a team and utilizing the latest industry advancements, technologies and techniques.
What do you need to be a successful Occupational Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Visual thinker
My patient’s family was so excited when she was released. And she was in tears because she was so happy and grateful for the treatment she got here.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapist. This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a team of dedicated health care professionals that pride themselves in providing quality patient care. Our facilities have a prominent reputation in the community for providing excellent rehabilitation services.
After evaluating your resident's condition, you'll develop a specialized treatment plan to help him/her achieve as much as possible in regaining his/her well-being through exercise and/or use of prosthetic and orthotic devices. You and your staff will play an important role in his/her recovery.
- Communicate resident progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; instruct resident's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Assist with resident scheduling and post charges daily to resident records.
- Document resident care in accordance with Kindred, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
OT, Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapist, OTR, OTR/L, Kindred, RehabCare, AOTA, NBCOT, experience, healthcare, rehabilitation, OT, OTR, occupational therapist, occupational therapy, OT, OTR, occupational therapist registered, AOTA, NBCOT, skilled nursing, SNF, LTC, long term care, license, licensed, geriatrics, rehabilitationQualifications
Valid and current Occupational Therapy license or equivalent, in the state(s) where services are rendered.
This position offers an exceptional pay rate and benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Legal Plan
- Laser Eye Surgery Discount Plan
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.