Infection Control PractitionerNorthlake, Illinois
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As an Infection Control Practitioner / RNyou will:
- Consult with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immune-suppressed patients.
As an Infection Control Practitioner / RN you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing or healthcare related field.
- Master’s degree in clinical specialty preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Current State RN license required.
- BLS Certification required.
- ICP or related certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing.
- Experience in Infection Control with basic knowledge of the principles of epidemiology and inctions, diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practice preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.