Staff Accountant - HospitalNorth Smithfield, Rhode Island
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island in North Smithfield, Rhode Island is a joint venture between Kindred Healthcare and Landmark Medical Center. Many of the patients we serve have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable and monitoring of operational efficiencies. Position may also complete payroll duties for the hospital.
- Ability to perform accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations, journal entries (e.g., accrued, recurring), payroll weekly reports, general ledger, financial analysis, account reconciliations, month end close.
- Maximize the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, and other sources of payment. Proactively identify, communicate, and establish processes to mitigate any risks to the revenue cycle process.
- Utilize web based tools and other available resources to facilitate providing insurance companies with required information.
- Utilize multiple information systems to accurately select the correct patient account in order to appropriately review and verify patient billable charges.
- Participate in and assist with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
- Various projects and tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
- Knowledge of the intermediate features of calendaring and e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet browsers (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer preferred).
- Excellent performance in present and past positions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.