Admissions Coordinator - Acute Rehab Unit - NKCHNorth Kansas City, Missouri
Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services in North Kansas City, MO is currently seeking an Admissions Coordinator to join our acute rehabilitation team! Kindred Healthcare is the largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the United States. A Fortune magazine Most Admired Healthcare Company for nine years, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, family member, employee and business partner we serve.
Coordinates and plans the daily operation for all pre-admission activities. Coordinates admission with other departments by collecting and distributing the appropriate information. Identifies information needed from the referring hospital to finalize the admission.
- Coordinates the patient admission functions in keeping with the mission and vision of the hospital.
- Assists the Program Director with therapy operations.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Liaisons and Program Secretary.
- Develops the necessary admission and patient day forecast for the institution in conjunction with the healthcare team.
- Develops appropriate analysis, using established reporting mechanisms and provides data and statistics as required, within the established time frames.
- Works with department managers in the establishment of services and programs in keeping with institutional objectives and the ongoing evaluations of program effectiveness
- Maintains a close working relationship with Medical Staff, interdisciplinary health team, and with external professional groups and agencies.
- Explains the pre-admission and admission policy to families and referral sources as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical area preferred.
- Three years’ healthcare experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.