Occupational TherapistNew York, New York
Job ID: 353535
In this key and caring role, you will assess/screen patients’ daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. All in a highly supportive work environment that respects the individual, puts the patient first, and emphasizes growing, learning and having fun along the way. Join us as an Occupational Therapist and be at your best working collaboratively as a team and utilizing the latest industry advancements, technologies and techniques.
What do you need to be a successful Occupational Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Visual thinker
My patient’s family was so excited when she was released. And she was in tears because she was so happy and grateful for the treatment she got here.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
Summary: The Occupational Therapist shall be responsible for providing a full range of occupational therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The OT shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, facility and Company.
- Maintain licenses/certifications and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary care plans.
- Complete appropriate sections of resident assessment instrument (RAI).
- Provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluate patient response to treatment and provide feedback to the rest of the team.
- Document the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
- Coordinate treatment with other disciplines.
- Participate in rehab meetings.
- Function as a resource for and provide employees with inservice/cross-training on occupational therapy knowledge and skill areas.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of unit clinical/administrative functions.
- Participate in facility quality management activities.
- Collect quality review data.
- Participate in survey preparation activities.
- Interact with assigned program consultant.
- Participate in all facility committee activities as requested.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Ability to lift/transfer patients and equipment.
- Frequent and prolonged bending, stooping, crouching, walking, and standing.
- Ability to communicate.
Mission: The primary customers are patients and the mission is to provide the highest quality of skilled nursing/rehabilitation services.Qualifications
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.