Staff AccountantNashville, Tennessee
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Ascension Saint Thomas, in partnership with Kindred--LifePoint Health, are to open the new
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital in Midtown Nashville, TN.
Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will serve nine counties and a population of 1.9 million—including more than 298,000 senior citizens. Upon completion and pending necessary regulatory approvals, the 40-bed, state-of-the-art facility will replace the 24-bed Acute Rehab Unit now located at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will provide additional access to post-acute care by addressing Middle Tennessee’s shortage of dedicated beds for individuals who require extended neurological and cardiovascular care following serious health events.
Full Press Release:
This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable and monitoring of operational efficiencies. Position may also complete payroll duties for the hospital.
- Ability to perform accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations, journal entries (e.g., accrued, recurring), payroll weekly reports, general ledger, financial analysis, account reconciliations, month end close.
- Maximize the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, and other sources of payment. Proactively identify, communicate, and establish processes to mitigate any risks to the revenue cycle process.
- Utilize web based tools and other available resources to facilitate providing insurance companies with required information.
- Utilize multiple information systems to accurately select the correct patient account in order to appropriately review and verify patient billable charges.
- Participate in and assist with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
- Various projects and tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
- Knowledge of the intermediate features of calendaring and e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet browsers (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer preferred).
- Excellent performance in present and past positions.