Physical Therapist Assistant - PRNNashville, Tennessee
Job #: 448583
Our Physical Therapists love to learn, collaborate and grow as a team. But more than anything else, they love to see patients getting better. In this role, you will evaluate a patient's condition, then develop and execute a treatment plan to help regain movement, reduce pain and restore them to prior levels of function. Join us and add your talents to a positive, fun work environment that embraces individuality, celebrates teamwork, and puts kindness, respect, caring and compassion above all else.
What do you need to be a successful Physical Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
I love that I’m able to learn from other therapists with more experience and have them mentor me and guide me through, developing my skills.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
Physical Therapist Assistant - PRN
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness. We offer intensive, patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation services.
The Physical Therapy Assistant functions under the direct supervision of the Physical Therapist and as directed by a licensed physician, is responsible for a specific patient’s care. The PTA assumes responsibility and accountability for providing physical therapy modalities and treatment procedures as determined by a treatment plan established by a Physical Therapist in order to restore function and prevent disability following patient illness or injury. The PTA carries out these responsibilities in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies while maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care.
- Under guidance of supervising PT: Acquires pertinent information and implements comprehensive program using varied techniques and treatment activities; reviews and modifies treatment in response to changing patient needs; identifies equipment and discharge needs.
- Is aware of patient injury/diagnosis and takes all necessary precautions for observing indications and contradictions.
- Assists the patient in the preparation for treatment/modality as necessary.
- Provides treatment to diverse diagnostic populations and completes supporting documentation according to hospital policy and State Practice Act.
- Communicates collaborates with support personnel regarding treatment orders as directed by the supervising PT.
- Applies the physical agents, therapeutic exercises or gait-training activates as outlined by the licensed PT, in the patient POC. Progresses patients in an appropriate manner when deemed necessary by the PT.
- Conducts the class/group situations (stroke, SCI, BI) as appropriate.
- Observes treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals and recommends change to the supervising PT, if needed.
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per APTA Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation, including QI scoring, of patient treatment in the patient medical record as indicated
- The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain after consulting with supervising OTR/L and makes appropriate physician contact as indicated.
- When necessary, instructs care giver/family members in home exercise program as related to the patient’s functional and ambulatory status: discusses necessary equipment for the home situation.
- Protects patient confidentiality in regard to medical, emotional, and social status.
- Keeps the supervising therapist informed of patient’s status, problem areas, progress, etc.
- Perceives the existence of problems and notifies supervising therapist for implementation of safe, effective and timely solutions.
- Demonstrates appropriate safety measures when implementing treatment programs.
- Provides input/suggestions for the physical functioning of the department in the areas of equipment management, space utilization, storage, etc.
- Records daily charges within day of treatment
- Assists in preparation/maintenance of daily treatment schedule.
- Writes progress notes in accordance with departmental policy.
- Develops home programs and instructs patients in the programs as delegated by the supervising physical therapist.
- Provides written and updated treatment/coverage programs for days off.
- Performs discharge planning under the direct supervision of the PT (prescriptions, equipment requests, and referrals).
- Reports on patient’s status at team and family conferences when necessary. (Team conferences should be attended by the supervising PT and with the PTA in attendance.)
- Assists in inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in maintenance of safe, clean work environment.
- Assists in preparation/maintenance of daily treatment schedule.
- Assists in program development and preparation to meet regulatory agency standards i.e. Joint Commission, CARF.
- Observes, measures and records the cardiovascular responses of heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation.
- Plans and presents educational programs for department; hospital and/or community.
- Provides orientation, instruction, supervision and/or guidance to ancillary staff, PTA students, and volunteers.
- May transport patients/equipment to/from therapy gym.
- Uses computer system to assist in preparation/maintenance/printing of work list and entering of charges.
- Utilizes specialized equipment, testing procedures and/or advanced treatment techniques with appropriate competency
- Other duties as assigned
- Current state licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
experience in the care of patients preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.