LPN Licensed Practical Nurse-New Hospital Opening!Nashville, Tennessee
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Sign on Bonus $1k for Days and $2k for Nights
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will serve nine counties and a population of 1.9 million—including more than 298,000 senior citizens. Upon completion and pending necessary regulatory approvals, the 40-bed, state-of-the-art facility will replace the 24-bed Acute Rehab Unit now located at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will provide additional access to post-acute care by addressing Middle Tennessee’s shortage of dedicated beds for individuals who require extended neurological and cardiovascular care following serious health events.
Full Press Release:
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical, mental, and emotional aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations all under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age; includes geriatric and general inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s needs and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly based on changes in patient’s condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon the patient’s individual and identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services according to level of licensure.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Registered Nurses, leadership, coworkers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Participates in team conferences.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI) activities. Offers suggestions for opportunities for improvements in patient care, safety, education, etc.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of Licensed Practical Nurse program with current licensure in state of Indiana
- Accredited nursing program preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel; effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills as required.