Director of Therapy Nashville, Tennessee
Director of Therapy
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Ascension Saint Thomas, in partnership with Kindred Healthcare, are to open the new
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital in Midtown Nashville, TN.
Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will serve nine counties and a population of 1.9 million—including more than 298,000 senior citizens. Upon completion and pending necessary regulatory approvals, the 40-bed, state-of-the-art facility will replace the 24-bed Acute Rehab Unit now located at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will provide additional access to post-acute care by addressing Middle Tennessee’s shortage of dedicated beds for individuals who require extended neurological and cardiovascular care following serious health events.
Full Press Release:
With nearly 30 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients we serve.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Responsible for the direction and oversight of Therapy Services for the hospital. Coordinates and supervises operations of the department. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in continuous quality improvement hospital wide. Ensures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating budgets, evaluates department performance versus budget and takes appropriate action to remain within budget guidelines. Develops and implements system of reviewing department charges, ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Manages the Therapy Services Department staff. Supports and empowers staff to embrace the mission and value statements of the organization.
- Observes and evaluates program effectiveness and recommends changes to interdisciplinary leadership team and Medical Staff as needed.
- Develops direct reports to excel in supervision and support of staff in the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary model.
- Works under the guidance of the CEO and in collaboration with the Medical Staff and hospital leadership to lead the organization in the development of clinical programs which may include Brain Injury, Stroke, Amputee or other clinical programs. This includes a strong focus on CARF certification.
- Evaluates department performance versus budgets and benchmarks and takes appropriate action to work within budgets and benchmarks for staffing, outcomes, employee satisfaction, patient engagement and other key metrics.
- Is a key member of the Administrative Team and serves as a leader and/or member in hospital committees.
- Collaborates with Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, physicians and interdisciplinary teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, vision, ethics, and goals of the hospital, to the staff and evaluates department effectiveness for adherence.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates positive Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Current state licensure as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Minimum of three years of previous therapy management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred.
- CPR Certified
- Proficiency in basic computer skills required.
- Proficiency of rehabilitation skills in discipline specific area of PT, OT or ST with the ability to treat patients and mentor staff as needed
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.