Director, ConstructionNashville, Tennessee
We are recruiting for a Director, Construction to join our Real Estate and Development Department in Franklin, Tennessee.
Facilitate and assist facilities in the planning, budgeting and management of construction projects. Generally projects are new facility development projects. Position is responsible for providing management oversight for all phases of the construction process including coordinating design team, contractors, and consultants, ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. This position is also responsible for the coordinating and purchasing of fixtures, furniture, and equipment (FF&E) for projects.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources including monitoring the stages and costs throughout each phase of the project.
- Works with third party developers and consultants on site selection and site due diligence in regards to zoning, land plan approval, site restrictions, municipal requirements, closing and other site required issues.
- Work with design team including architects and engineers to ensure program requirements are met in a cost effective design.
- Manages owner consultants as required through the design process ensuring their coordination with the design team.
- Assist and lead cost analysis for each project to ensure the project is receiving the highest quality systems and materials within the allotted budget through the value engineering process.
- Construction liaison for company including coordination of overall field activities with the representative from our joint venture partner hospital/facility.
- Oversees and responsible for performance of contractor and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Tracks and monitors project schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time frame.
- Tracks and monitors project budget to ensure that the project is within budget.
- Reports monthly (at minimum) to joint venture about progress and monitors any necessary changes or modifications required to complete the project.
- Oversees implementation of equipment/inventory lists for each project and coordinates purchases of the appropriate fixtures, furniture and equipment for each project within budget.
- Manages material identification, application, and tracking, and ensures adherence of installations to design specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Resolves conflicts with project team, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Works to ensure punch list completion is achieved prior to Certificate of Substantial Completion.
- Assist in the support of the facility during the startup and implementation phase to ensure State and Joint Commission Accreditation are received.
- Other duties as assigned through reporting structure.
- Knowledge of construction codes.
- Project planning and scheduling knowledge
- Healthcare industry standards.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop material standards.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 15
- BS degree – Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering
- 10 Years experience as a Construction Management/Design professional with 5 years in the healthcare industry or proven successes
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.