Chief Nursing OfficerNashville, Tennessee
Chief Nursing Officer
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Ascension Saint Thomas, in partnership with Kindred Healthcare, are to open the new
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital in Midtown Nashville, TN.
Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will serve nine counties and a population of 1.9 million—including more than 298,000 senior citizens. Upon completion and pending necessary regulatory approvals, the 40-bed, state-of-the-art facility will replace the 24-bed Acute Rehab Unit now located at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will provide additional access to post-acute care by addressing Middle Tennessee’s shortage of dedicated beds for individuals who require extended neurological and cardiovascular care following serious health events.
Full Press Release:
With nearly 30 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients we serve.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
- Provides professional working conditions for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing department in collaboration with the CEO and Controller. Manages costs associated with personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for staffing plans, management of nursing hours per patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and HIPAA.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Leads monthly staff meetings and communicates information to/from management and leadership.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to the nursing department.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling, and performance evaluations of staff in the nursing department.
- Assures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Assures education and training is provided to nursing staff on Quality Indicators (QI); assures timely and accurate QI assessments and scoring is performed.
- Assures nursing attendance and participation in team conferences.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Orproof of intention to complete Master’s Degree
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure.
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years
- Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years’ experience at a senior nursing management level.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.