Certified Nursing Assistant CNANashville, Tennessee
Job #: 436493
Kindred Certified Nursing Assistants are dedicated members of our support staff and an indispensable component of our health care team. Acting as care giver to high acuity patients in a long term acute care hospital setting, you will assist patients with daily activities such as grooming, bathing and feeding. You will also assist our RNs with their duties, including administering patient vitals. Join us in this caring role, and see what’s possible when respect, compassion and continual learning guide your day, every day.
What do you need to be a successful Certified Nursing Assistant at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
To see the changes and impact that you can make in somebody’s life is why I really love my job.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital
Ascension Saint Thomas, in partnership with Kindred--LifePoint Health, are to open the new
Ascension Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital in Midtown Nashville, TN.
Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will serve nine counties and a population of 1.9 million—including more than 298,000 senior citizens. Upon completion and pending necessary regulatory approvals, the 40-bed, state-of-the-art facility will replace the 24-bed Acute Rehab Unit now located at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Saint Thomas Rehabilitation Hospital will provide additional access to post-acute care by addressing Middle Tennessee’s shortage of dedicated beds for individuals who require extended neurological and cardiovascular care following serious health events.
Full Press Release:
Assist nursing staff with patients’ personal care, emotional support, and activities of daily living. More complex duties performed under supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with the handling of personal property: dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Transports patients to and from various departments in the hospital.
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Assists in the preparation of admissions, transfers and discharge of patients.
- Assists licensed nursing staff with treatment procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Integrates the plan of care with Rehabilitation Services treatment plan to attain patient's optimal level of functioning.
- Provides general nursing care: positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting patients with the bedpan, commode; assists ambulating patients. Uses correct body mechanics.
- Checks patient for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to licensed nursing staff.
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight, intake and output.
- Makes rounds with oncoming shift to ensure the unit is left in good condition.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse, supervisor, co-workers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linens and follows established charge procedures for patient charge items.
- Follows infection control procedures. Keeps the unit clean and organized.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or physically distressful situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the nurse assistant’s scope of practice.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of course for nursing assistants
- Current state certification as a Nursing Assistant
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.