Director of Intake and Assessment - Behavioral Health - Muscle Shoals, ALMuscle Shoals, Alabama
LifePoint Health is seeking a passionate, creative and goal-oriented Director of Intake and Assessment to join the Behavioral Health Unit team at North Alabama Shoals Hospital in Muscle Shoals, AL. and have an immediate impact on expanding on our success, growing our services and fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of all we touch.
As a Director of Intake Assessment you will:
- Ensures a comprehensive assessment to patients seeking treatment for psychiatric or substance abuse disorders.
Oversees the assessment of all persons seeking services.
Completes initial assessment on patients seeking treatment.
Supervises staff in responding to all inquiries for services via phone, fax or walk-in.
Responds to all incoming inquiries within established timelines.
Makes and supervises treatment recommendations based on clinical presentation and within established clinical criteria guidelines.
Reviews clinical presentation with admitting psychiatrist.
Documents calls and sets appointments for callers seeking treatment.
Creates, revises, and implements the schedule of the assessment and referral office.
Interprets treatment to patient and family to ensure understanding of treatment options.
Refers and triages patients to other sources of treatment when appropriate.
Assesses, coaches and develops team skills in assessment, patient and family interaction and overall therapeutic care.
Collects, monitors and reports service performance data as required to hospital quality program.
Performs as a member of the Senior Leadership team
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Professional Counseling
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse / RN or Clinician
- BCLS Certification.
- ACLS preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a psychiatric setting. Experience in crisis counseling and crisis evaluations preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.