Restorative AideMelbourne, Florida
Position: Full time Restorative Aide / Rehab Tech *will consider CNAs and nurse's aides*
Location: Melbourne, FL
LifePoint is a leader in community-based healthcare, becoming a diversified healthcare delivery network with 50,000 dedicated employees and more than 3,000 employed providers working in more than 65 community hospital campuses, more than 30 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum. We also have more than 15 new rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals currently under development. With many locations, we are certain to have a job for you!
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. We welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
We are currently recruiting for a Restorative Aide. You will work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care in a secure setting. Provides resident care support under the direction of a licensed therapist. Help mentally and/or physically impaired residents to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance.
- Responsible for carrying out individual restorative programs designed by the Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist.
- Communicates observations of residents' condition, preventing residents' neglect, abuse and violations of rights and privacy, and promoting continuity of care through accurate and timely documentation and reporting.
- Sanitization of whirlpool, tubs and showers when used in restorative therapy, and assisting residents with ambulation and transfer as needed.
- Able to lift and carry equipment, supplies and materials up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Superior customer service and resident care skills.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate interest, enthusiasm, and experience working with older adults.
- A High School diploma or GED
- 6-12 months relevant experience strongly recommended in a rehab setting.
- CPR certification (when required).
- Willing to participate in on-the-job training after initial orientation.
This position offers a competitive pay rate and benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Legal Plan
- Laser Eye Surgery Discount Plan
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.