Insurance Specialist - Hospital Rehab Unit - RTs,LPNs, PTAs, COTAs - Marrero, LA Marrero, Louisiana
Kindred RehabilitationServices is the largest diversified provider of rehabilitation therapy in the country. Through RehabCare and Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services, we provide leading therapy to more than 2,000 sites of service across different settings in the care continuum and have been managing rehab for more than 30 years. We provide rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech-language therapies to virtually every care setting including inpatient, outpatient, skilled nursing, home health, long-term acute care and assisted living. With locations across 47 states, we are certain to have a rehab job for you as an Insurance Specialist.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As an Insurance Specialist you will:
- Oversee all aspects of insurance for the Kindred Contact Center.
- Perform nation-wide eligibility verification of benefits for potential Kindred customers.
- Perform re-verification for Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance payor sources for referrals from the Contact Center.
- Will work closely with Clinical Liaisons, Admissions, Central Business Office, Chief Financial Officers, and Administrators to ensure proper insurance information has been obtained in order to facilitate admissions.
- Maintains a current knowledge of Medicare and State Medicaid requirements and practices.
- Provides education and training for Senior Nurse Advocates and Nurse Advocates on the intricacies of insurance plans including Medicare and State Medicaid.
- Acts as a Kindred representative in dealing with third party payors and insurance companies.
- Contact Center expert in Medical Records management, billing and coding.
- Updates file information as needed to ensure files are current.
- Completes and compiles insurance reports for re-verification.
- Assist Contact Center team in non clinical consumer questions.
Insurance Specialist, insurance, insurance plans, insurance verification, eligibility verification, re-verification, Medicare, Medicaid, State Medicaid, commercial insurance, insurance reporting, payors, third party payors, insurance education, medical records management, post acute care, post-acute, healthcare, billing, coding, Database Administration, Common Working File, CFW, C-Snap, RehabCare, Hospital Rehabilitation Services, HRSQualifications
As an Insurance Specialist you will have:
Bachelor Degree required
- Two - Five years post-acute healthcare experience in billing and/or insurance verification.
- At least one year using Database Administration, Common Working File and C-Snap
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.