Staff Accountant-A/R SpecialistMadison, Wisconsin
What makes UW Health Rehab Hospital a great place to work? Our PEOPLE, of course!
We answer the call because we have a fundamental need to help people. In return, we get to work in an environment with leaders who strive to optimize job effectiveness, assure positive experiences and job satisfaction.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients. Opportunities through our continuing education programs, apprenticeship programs, and tuition reimbursement programs, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin.Our hospital offers specialized rehab programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and many other conditions. We create individualized plans of care that address both intense rehab and acute medical needs.Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of function and return home as soon as possible. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point-Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
Why work at UW Health Rehab Hospital? Be part of a team recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Rehabilitation Centers dedicated to patient hope, healing, and recovery.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Staff Accountant performs diversified accounting assignments in accordance with prescribed procedures and accounting practices. This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts receivable and monitoring of operational efficiencies.
- Performs accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations, journal entries (e.g., accrued, recurring), payroll weekly reports, general ledger, financial analysis, account reconciliations, month end close.
- Maximizes the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, and other sources of payment. Proactively identifies, communicates, and establishes processes to mitigate any risks to the revenue cycle process.
- Utilizes web based tools and other available resources to facilitate providing insurance companies with required information.
- Utilizes multiple information systems to accurately select the correct patient account in order to appropriately review and verify patient billable charges.
- Participates in and assist with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
·Associate’s Degreein Accounting or Finance (Bachelor’s preferred)
·3 years of staff accounting responsibilities, including billing experience, Accounts Receivable and the collections process.
·Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.