Rehabilitation Technician I - PRNMadison, Wisconsin
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
We are currently recruiting for a PRN Rehab Technician. You will work in a team where you will provide quality, compassionate care to our patients. You will provide patient care support under the direction of a licensed therapist. You will help physically impaired patients to participate in tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance their performance. This is an as-needed position. The individual will fill holes on the schedule, mostly on weekends, but also to help cover for PTO.
You will be responsible for preparing treatment areas, cleaning treatment areas, positioning patients, procurement and inventory of supplies, transporting, and assisting patients and therapists. You will assist with clerical duties and maintaining department compliance. We are looking for an individual who likes to work in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and can adapt to the demands of the department and patient care needs, and who can prioritize daily tasks.
- Prepares patient for prescribed treatment and assists professional staff with patient treatment.
- Transports, lifts, transfers, moves and repositions patients in the patient room, Therapy Gym and other common areas of the hospital.
- Prepares, cleans and maintains treatment areas and equipment.
- Procures and keeps an accurate inventory of all therapy supplies.
- Performs routine clerical tasks for Therapy Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.