Health Unit CoordinatorMadison, Wisconsin
This position will work either 30 or 40 hours per week. Weekday hours will be approximately 1pm-9pm and every other weekend, will be anywhere between 7am-9pm.
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
Supports nursing department operations by assisting with administrative duties such as greeting visitors, scheduling appointments, transferring phone calls, admitting and discharging patients, communicating and coordinating between physicians, nursing staff and other hospital staff. May transcribe physician orders and file paperwork. May assist with patient care as trained.
- Ensures visitors are acknowledged quickly and helps direct them and answer any questions.
- Initiates medical record upon admission. Maintains said record during patient stay, and closes the record upon patient discharge within the electronic medical record.
- Initiates follow-up regarding doctors’ orders.
- Ensures that all patient and special charges are processed.
- Serves as unit receptionist for incoming and outgoing calls and visitor information.
- Interacts frequently with unit personnel, physicians, visitors, patients’ families and other ancillary hospital personnel for the purpose of giving and receiving information.
- Has contact with patients. Duties may include answering patient lights, and fulfilling patient request for non-care items, attend appointments with patients, working in the café. Requires professional, courteous, and helpful manner in all contacts with customers.
- Position involves multi-tasking in a high stress environment. Requires constant mental alertness and the ability to calmly and accurately perform duties when subjected to frequent and varied interruptions.
- Must have the ability to exercise judgment and initiative in the resolution of problems encountered.
- Ensures that all patient and unit equipment, supplies and procedures are ordered and received.
- High school diploma required, with two years of college level education preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Prior experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of medical personnel, patients and families.
- Ability to speak and write concisely with knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.