Chief Executive Officer - Atlantic Rehabilitation InstituteMadison, New Jersey
Chief Executive Officer
Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute is a state-of-the-art, 38-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style the CEO provides the leadership to effectively grow the hospital by ensuring clinical excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength. This includes CEO leadership in developing strong senior team and partnership with Medical Director and medical staff to ensure the clinical excellence and operational performance of the rehabilitation hospital. The CEO is also responsible for designing, developing and implementing a strategic plan to ensure the success of the hospital’s clinical, financial and overall operating performance and successful growth of the hospital as a whole. The CEO directs, administers and coordinates the overall operations of the hospital, including the goals and objectives established by the Chief Operating Officer for the IRF Division in collaboration with the Managing Partner and Board of Managers.
- Provide day-to-day leadership within the organization, including advice, guidance, direction and authorization to achieve the clinical and financial goals and objectives of the organization
- Design, develop and implement a strategic plan that focuses on clinical excellence, financial performance and market and business development in collaboration with the Board of Managers and manages and directs the organization toward the goals of the plan
- Create and maintain proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems to meet and exceed the clinical and financial goals of the organization included in the strategic plan
- Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial structure, including reviews of operating results of the organization, comparing them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract and recruit and retain required members of the team, including physicians, not currently in place and providing mentoring as needed
- Cultivate a positive relationships with and maintain an environment of collaboration and cooperation at all levels of the organization, including the Medical Staff and the Board of Managers
- Recruit and retain a professional and highly qualified medical director and medical staff
- Positively and professionally represent the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the public
- Ensures adequate provision of services through referral, consultation or contractual agreement and negotiates, enter into, administers and modifies and/or terminates contracts (including contracts with Practitioners for the rendering of services at or to the Hospital) for the Hospital as may be necessary, subject to the rights of the Board of Managers
- Ensure that all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, Joint Commission standards, CARF and other rehab specialty accreditations, the Hospital Compliance Plan and all laws governing healthcare operations
- Supports the Hospital’s Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and measures effectiveness on that plan to demonstrate clinical excellence
- Ensures the implementation of the Hospital-wide policy and patients’ rights and responsibilities subject to the approval of the Medical Staff and Board of Managers
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a safe working environment that meets all licensure, regulatory, and accreditation requirements
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operations of the Hospital, including, but not limited to, measures and effectiveness of achieving operational performance as defined in the strategic plan
- 5 years of successful healthcare management experience preferably as hospital/healthcare facility CEO/COO
- Rehabilitation hospital experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred; preferred degree in Business, Healthcare Operations/Management or a clinical discipline
- Med-Surge hospitals and systems (for profit and non-profit) knowledge a plus
- Basic computer knowledge including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Clinical and Administrative Management experience a plus
- Passion for superior clinical outcomes/programs, superior patient satisfaction and partner relationships required
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.