Admissions Administrative Assistant Madison, Wisconsin
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
This position works under the direction of the Director of Business Development and the Admissions Coordinator and will be responsible for insurance authorization and verification, as well as patient admissions. This individual will be responsible for all insurance verification and prior authorizations that are required prior to patient admission. This individual will also be responsible for assistance with efficient patient admissions and assisting the admission coordinator with all duties assigned to them as upkeep.
The employee must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance to reflect proper image for the Hospital and the board members, medical staff, community leaders and fellow employees. Must have good organizational skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information, and carry out duties independently. Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player. Must recognize and observe confidentiality principles.
This is mostly a Monday-Friday job but some weekends and holidays will be required.
- Collects and records all information necessary for admitting patients.
- Admits all patients – obtains correct general information.
- Ensures that all admitting forms are signed.
- Contacts patient’s insurance to confirm and determine amount of coverage and benefits, deductible due, length of stay and if pre-certification is required.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, providing information and completing all referral/intake forms as appropriate for watch call.
- Contacts appropriate third party payers to verify and document inpatient benefits.
- Notifies appropriate department if referral require pre-certification and provides appropriate contact information.
- Notifies appropriate department of patient’s anticipated admission date/time.
- Notifies the appropriate personnel of the arrival of all inpatients and arranges for an appropriate escort of all patients and families to their designated area.
- Records and pre-admits patients using information pertinent to the admission in the computer system.
- Keeps a record of all denied admissions and the reason for denial.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient medical record information in accordance with hospital’s defined policies and procedures.
- Completes admitting paperwork, obtaining appropriate signatures and reviews information with the patient and family.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent years of experience required
- 2 years’ experience in admissions and/or medical insurance preferred
Knowledge of insurance and their benefits and admitting forms
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.