zzz 5/31Manager, Centralized Coding ServicesLouisville, Kentucky
- Supervises and monitors daily coding functions and processes to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations within coding area of department.
- Assesses coding accuracy and competency through review and audit results, reporting any discrepancies to the Division Director of Coding Operations.
- Maintain the facility assignments to decrease pending accounts with timely follow up.
- Daily review and response to Business Office holds.
- Prioritizes coding functions to assure records are coded within facility defined number of days from discharge.
- Collaborates with the CCDI team to maintain and exceed Discharged Not Final Coded (DNFC) goals.
- Understands Coding Classification Systems.
- Provides technical support to staff and theDivision Director of Coding Operations
- Assists in review of post discharge DRG changes.
- Assists in developing and implementing strategic plans for reducing avoidable DRG changes after discharge as it pertains to coders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the work of employees including: planning, assigning and scheduling. The Manager will also review employees work to ensure quality standards are being achieved.
- 8+ years of coding experience
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA),Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), or Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.