Telecom EngineerLouisville, Kentucky
LifePoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities.We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
- With minimal direction, defines and develops telecommunication system/network and/or designs and installs several components of a large network, using state-of-the-art designs.
- Analyzes and develops solutions to problems as part of a technical team within area of specialty.
- Negotiates strategies, costs and schedules with management at all levels.
- Interacts with suppliers, across multi-vendor technologies to evaluate a wide variety of products for telecommunication proposals, e.g., creation of bid packages and evaluation.
- Contributes to the formulation of policy and local practices and has responsibility to maintain currency of state-of-the-art in telecommunications technology.
- Gathers information on assigned problems and consults with others in the department and meets frequently with user community to collect requirements.
- Generates ideas for improving work products.
- May provide technical direction and education to telecommunications specialists and systems network users and vendors.
- Responsible for the supervision of vendors through projects. Working with project leaders, ensures that all solutions and changes are cost effective and are within overall functional strategies and objectives.
- Keeps current with improvements and advances in telecommunications.
- Requires the knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex logical problems such as may be found in the study of mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, etc.
- A comprehensive understanding of PBX/Telephone systems and peripheral architecture (i.e.additions/replacements); LEC and IXC Services (Trunking and Data); equipment services deployment (i.e.SSR Net boxes)
- A comprehensive understanding of Special Projects (i.e.RFP's for national PBX maintenance, disaster recovery); Northern Telecom and Toshiba platform experience preferred.
- PC skills (business related, Windows based preferred).
- Analytical ability to determine user problems and recommend solutions.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who promotes a congenial working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Depending on education level, 2-4 years of related telecommunications experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.