Systems TechnicianLouisville, Kentucky
LifePoint Health has an oppurtunity for a Senior Systems Technician to join our team!
About LifePoint Health:
LifePoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities.We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
- Provides customer service, technical support, surveillance, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair at the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Monitors the network for alarms or certain conditions that may require special attention to avoid impact on the network’s performance.
- Troubleshoots and recovers or corrects server and/or network problems in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors network elements, including alarm conditions, ensuring immediate action when fault is detected.
- Troubleshoots, recovers, and identifies major outage events for each network platform supported. Interfaces directly with internal and/or external customers and tracks interactions, progress, and resolution in trouble tickets.
- Responds to and resolves problems reported by customers or management systems, working with System Engineers and the Operations team for technical issues.
- Performs timely technical and management escalations for outstanding problems.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth working knowledge of all products and services.
- Participates in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing and distributing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks.
- Establishes a good working relationship with team members and department contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided.
- Reviews the effectiveness of current procedures and strives to identify improvement to processes.
- Proactively monitor an enterprise level distributed network via HPOpenView, Solarwinds, CiscoWorks and other tools.
- Create, update and route trouble tickets as needed using HP Service Desk trouble ticketing system in response to issues detected
- Perform initial call out to sites for down devices. Work with remote staff to troubleshoot and attempt issue resolution.
- Properly escalate, communicate, and route problem tickets to Level III support staff.
- Properly notify mid/senior management on all critical outages or faults.
- Participate on Technical Conference Bridge for outages or faults when required.
- Maintain timelines during an outage or fault for future reference.
- Assist with alarm correlation and fault determination within the Data Center
- Coordinates on site hardware dispatches with HP and IBM CE's. Monitors dispatches to ensure they are completed within SLA parameters.
- Create and update Shift Reports and Turnovers. Participate in the turnover process with outgoing and incoming shift teams.
- Adhere to escalation procedures and NOC processes.
- Respond to any additional needs from mid/upper management
- The motivation and ability to work well in a team environment is required.
- Self-initiative, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously required.
- Demonstrated telephone, communications, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to follow established guidelines, policies, and procedures is required.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure dynamic environment and adjust to priority changes is required.
- Ability to work off hours and weekends.
- College Degree, Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications are highly desired.
- 1-2 years working experience in a 24x7 Enterprise NOC OR
- 1-2 years’ experience supporting CISCO platform to include OS and hardware OR
- 3-5 years general IT business experience in an enterprise level environment is required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.