Staff Accountant - Remote Hybrid Louisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team. Remote/hybrid opportunity, must be near the Louisville, KY area.
Assist the Accounting Director/Division Controller in providing accurate, timely, and consistent financial information within generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares journal entries, generates reports, and participates in related monthly accounting activities to ensure timely ledger close.
- Assist with coordination of audits in assigned facilities related to financial, internal, tax, and reimbursement purposes.
- Performs account reconciliations, trend analysis, and analyzes for completeness.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Monitor and review of assigned balance sheet accounts for assigned hospitals.
- Communicates and resolves inter-departmental accounting issues. Provides information training/guidance to other departments or hospital level accounting personnel regarding accounting or cash operations issues.
- Oversees or completes special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Access, and related accounting systems. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Leadership/supervisory skills
- Organizational, analytical, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Approximate percent time required to travel: 0
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 year(s) experience in general ledger research, account reconciliations, and/or financial reporting. Healthcare experience desirable.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications we may fill this at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.