Senior Payroll CoordinatorLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Senior Payroll Coordinator to join our Payroll Team in Louisville, Kentucky.
Uses advanced payroll knowledge to research and resolve more technical issues for the PBC/HRPAs, payroll processors and supervisor. Works on more technical projects and processing tasks as assigned within the department. Completes payroll processing for the assigned facilities and related activities, such as responding to system/technical questions, auditing, balancing payroll results and adherence to payroll regulations, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates payroll processing as assigned. Monitors compliance of PBC/field personnel with required deadlines, compliance with company policies, submission of complete and balanced paperwork and appropriate approval for paperwork and sign-offs.
- Works with PBC/HRPA to resolve problems, answer questions, and advise on regulatory issues. Communicates in a manner that is service excellence focused.
- Uses advanced knowledge of Kindred payroll/HR policies and procedures, payroll administration guidelines, and payroll regulations for federal (DOL, IRS and Treasury), state and local governments across the country to research and resolve regulatory issues for the PBC/HRPAs, payroll processors and supervisor.
- Uses advanced technical knowledge of payroll systems (SAP and Timekeeping systems – Kronos Dimensions) and applies advanced problem solving skills to resolve system problems and direct field users and payroll staff on technical questions. Works on more technical projects and processing tasks as assigned within the department.
- Researches, compiles and reports required payroll data for other departments (i.e. legal, reimbursement), facilities and regulatory agencies.
- Assists the Payroll Specialist with training staff and serves as subject matter expert for staff, PBC/HRPAs, field training, field personnel and other internal departments.
- When assigned, balances earnings to timefiles, reviews and researches audit messages, and balances to final payroll journal.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll administration, taxes, and regulations in a multi-state, multi-corporation environment.
- Intermediate level Word and Excel skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Kindred payroll systems (SAP, Kronos Dimensions).
- Proven ability to work independently and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong customer service skills with focus on service excellence. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others in a helpful and professional manner even when dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and strong time management skills.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 0
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or combined education/experience equivalent.
- 4 years of experience in payroll processing at least some of which should include experience in multi-state, multi-corporation environment. 2 years of internal (Kindred) payroll experience in Payroll Coordinator position.
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.