Senior Director and Operations Counsel, Behavioral HealthLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Senior Director, Operations Counsel for our Kindred Behavioral Health Services Team in Louisville, Kentucky.
Provides general legal counsel and advice to management and operations personnel of the Kindred Behavioral Health Services Division.
- As a primary responsibility, responsible for drafting contracts, managing the division’s contracting process, including review of proposed contracts and negotiation with customers over contract terms as needed.
- Advises on regulatory compliance, risk management, licensing and government survey issues.
- Oversees investigations by state licensing boards.
- Provides general commercial legal advice.
- Provides education and training on legal issues to managers and field operators.
- Develops special programs including resource tools for distribution to management and the field operators.
- Drafting and negotiation skills
- Verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Legal research skills
- Knowledge of health care laws and related regulatory issues
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 5
- Juris Doctor degree
- Admission to KY State Bar or ability to obtain reciprocity
- 5+ years experience providing legal advice and contract drafting.
- Experience with health care related industries is preferable, specifically in behavioral health a plus.
Depending on Candidates qualifications, may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.