Senior AccountantLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join our Hospital Division Finance Department in Louisville, Kentucky.
Develops, maintains, and reviews cash transactions and/or general ledger accounts, assuring that books are correct and in balance. Depending on area assigned, may assemble, create, and reconcile month-end accounting entries resolving discrepancies, as needed; proves the general ledger; proves bank reconciliations and solves related bank problems. Performs functions necessary to assist in maintaining accounting related systems.
- Monitors general ledger accounts and/or cash transactions via reconciliations and trend analysis for issues. Prepares and analyzes account reconciliation schedules.
- Supervises staff in the performance of account reconciliations, cash transactions, and/or other duties.
- Communicates and resolves inter-departmental accounting issues. Provides information training/guidance to other departments regarding accounting or cash operations issues.
- Directs others to, or personally, makes journal entries and submits check request as part of month end accounting responsibilities.
- Identifies system and procedural changes that improves performance and streamlines accounting or cash operations. Designs system enhancements and coordinates implementation with IS and banks or other third parties.
- Oversees or completes special projects as assigned.
Knowledge of General Accounting and GAAP.
Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word and related accounting software. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
Outstanding analytical skills.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
2+ years experience in general ledger research, account reconciliations, and/or financial accounting (depending on area assigned).
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.