Respiratory Therapists, RTs, (Fulltime) NightsLouisville, Kentucky
Job ID: 388624
This rewarding career will have a big impact in the lives of your patients and patients family. You will build relationships and provide excellent patient care. You will increase the quality and the care of people’s lives everyday by teaching them how to breathe easier. At Kindred Hospitals, our Respiratory Therapists goal and passion is to help their patients regain independence and have a better quality of life by breathing without assistive devices. As a RT you will collaborate and grow in a positive and flexible team environment while administering safe and competent respiratory care.
What do you need to be a successful Respiratory Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
I must say that this is a very organized company that truly cares about their employees’ well-being.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
- Plan, implement and evaluate diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory services to assist in the management of patient/residents with cardiopulmonary and related disorders. Provide technical support for all equipment related to the nursing center based practice of Respiratory Therapy.
- Provide training and competency testing to nursing department.
- Provides/coordinates clinical respiratory services under physician orders.
- Perform respiratory/clinical assessments.
- Consult with physicians and health care professionals regarding patient/resident status.
- Monitor patient/resident progress and update respiratory care plan (as a part of the patient/resident's comprehensive plan of care).
- Provide general respiratory therapeutic services including oxygen therapy, medical gas therapy, aerosol therapy, humidification therapy, and suction therapy.
- Educate patient/residents/families with regard to relevant disease, medications, equipment, purpose of procedures, steps of procedure, benefits, risks, and alternatives.
- Minimum of Associate Degree from accredited program in respiratory therapy.
- Licensing as required by the state of employment.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) Preferred: Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required for those in supervisory positions.
- One-year general Respiratory Therapy clinical experience
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.