Resource Dialysis RN PRN National TravelLouisville, Kentucky
Description - External
The Dialysis Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients of the Hospital and under the license of the Hospital in need of renal replacement therapy. This position will support the Kindred Hospital in-sourced dialysis programs. This position will float to national Kindred Hospitals in order to meet staffing needs.
· This position requires a commitment to accept work assignments for any Kindred Facility where a need is determined.
· Provides professional nursing care to patients within an assigned facility.
· Plans and provides patient care for the adult and geriatric patients in the hospital in accordance with physcians order and hospital policy and procedures. Provides quality direct patient care and renal replacement therapies independently, in a professional, considerate respectful manner
· Supervises and directs patient care of other teammates in a treatment area that may or may not be
Dedicated to Hope, Healing and Recovery
licensed. Interacts and communicates with hospital partners in a collaborative, respectful manner; gives pre and post treatment reports through appropriate reporting process to primary registered nurse
· Documents patient’s physical assessment, vital signs, patients treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records; brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse. Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders
· Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and, discusses issues with the nephrologist. Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications, and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient’s physician
· Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the hemodialysis flow sheet or hospital EMR
· Attends Hospital orientation, homeroom meetings, and mandatory in-services as required
· Verifies accurate charges and documentation are submitted in a timely manner
· Demonstrates the ability to perform and mentor for modalities hemodialysis and PD.
· Fosters Quality Improvement by participating in Quality Meetings
· Act as a resource or preceptor for teammates with less experience. Acts as a resource or subject matter expert for other hospital personnel
· Ability to travel to assigned facility with limited notice. Ability to accept assignments ranging from 2-13 weeks.
· Knowledge of the Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Process
· Demonstrated ability to lead and oversee the dialysis process performed by Dialysis Technicians.
· Demonstrated ability to provide treatments in a safe, therapeutic and cost effective manner
· Demonstrated ability to assist with providing quality outcomes and tracking of metrics
· Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
· Ability to travel by various modes of transportation to assist in-sourced Dialysis programs
Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma required. Graduate of an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
Current RN license in the state of practice required or Compact License
Current CPR certification through American Heart Association
Two or more years of experience as a registered nurse
At least 18 months of dialysis experience with 6 months being Acute Dialysis experience
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.