Resource CEO - KBHLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting a Resource CEO to join our Kindred Behavioral Health Division.
The Resource CEO provides multi-site leadership as assigned and is responsible for the strategic
planning, managing, directing, coordinating and controlling the overall operations of assigned hospitals.
Provides leadership to ensure attainment of strategic objectives and the delivery of quality, economical
health care services and other related lines of business. Initiates and enforces organization-wide
policies and procedures that support the accomplishment of the hospitals’ aims, objectives, and
programs. Directs the short-range and long-range planning functions that develop goals, objectives,
and strategic plans to ensure quality services and a financially sound organization. May participate in
development of the budget; manages the budget for the assigned hospitals, allocates funds within the
budget as directed by the VP, Finance Behavioral Health and ensures that the assigned hospitals
operate within the budget. Provides supervision to the leadership in the designated area hospitals.
- Maintains overall responsibility for all aspects of operations in the designated market.
- Assures that all policies established by the Governing Body of all designated market hospitals are implemented appropriately.
- Directs the strategic planning and marketing for the assigned hospitals, with input from hospital and division leadership.
- Prepares and submits an annual budget for assigned hospitals as directed by VP, Finance Behavioral Health, showing the expected revenue and expenditures as required by the board.
- In coordination with the hospital boards, the medical staffs, and other hospital personnel, responds to the community’s needs for quality health care services by monitoring the adequacy of the hospitals’ medical activities.
- Oversees and provides direction to hospital leadership regarding hospital mission and objectives, expected productivity and efficiency, establishing policies and procedure and compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Consults with and advises hospital leadership on a regular basis; evaluates leadership competence and makes changes as necessary; keeps lines of communication open; works with hospital leadership to foster high employee morale and a positive work environment for employees.
- Ensures maintenance of physical properties in good and safe state of repair and operation.
- Oversees the business office functions of the designated hospitals to ensure that funds are collected and expended to the best possible advantage.
- Presents to the hospital boards, and/or their committees, periodic reports reflecting the services and financial activities of the hospitals and such special reports as may be required by the boards.
- Attends all meetings of the hospital boards and committees.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies and governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring hospital operations, programs and physical properties, and ensuring changes where required.
- Ensures that assigned hospitals maintain accreditation, licensing and quality patient care through the establishment of performance improvement monitoring programs and standards.
- Reviews with the hospital leadership their plans for the achievement of the hospital’s specific objectives and established goals, and periodically reviews, evaluates and updates such plans. Said plans shall at all times reflect the hospitals’ mission statement.
- Acts as a liaison between the hospital and the medical staff members; meets with and communicates with hospital medical staffs as needed; represents the hospital at external functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word processing and
- spreadsheet software.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of The Joint Commission, local, state and federal laws and
- Knowledge of general budgeting, accounting and management skills.
- Knowledge of cost reporting, profit and loss and budget compliance.
- Ability to work well with management teams and employees in a multi-site environment.
- Ability to spend a limited amount of time on travel.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, orclinical specialty. Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training.
- 7+ years’ experience in healthcare administration/hospital management, with 2 years at the level of Chief Executive Officer required.
- 5+ years’ management experience over facility operations, human resources and finance required.
- Multi-site healthcare management experience preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.