Reimbursement AnalystLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Reimbursement Analyst to join our Reimbursement Team.
Prepares Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, accruals, rate analyses, and/or and computes contractual, to insure accuracy and maximization of reimbursement. Assists government auditors to insure all requested information is available and insure accuracy of audit adjustments.
Depending on area assigned, may perform some or all of the following duties.
- Prepares Medicare and Medicaid annual cost reports.
- Calculates monthly third party contractual allowances and analyzes results.
- Coordinates satisfactory resolution of intermediary and state agency audit requests, including obtaining audit documentation from other departments and communicating status to supervisor.
- Prepares quarterly progressions which involves reconciliation of third party receivables/payables and analysis of reserves.
- Prepares Medicare interim rates and reviews Medicaid rates as necessary.
- May prepare journal entries, various financial or statistical analyses, reconciliations, or research activities.
- Researches to stay current on third party regulations.
- Maintains relationship with hospital or health services management and works to resolve reimbursement issues.
- Special projects as necessary.
- Participate in budgeting process for Medicare and Medicaid rates.
- Knowledge of Medicare rules and regulations.
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize software relevant to reimbursement activities
- Requires intermediate to advanced math skills to calculate ratios and percentages.
- Strong accounting skills
- Above average analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2 years of reimbursement, financial analysis/auditing, or similar experience.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, we may fill at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.