Payroll Project ConsultantLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting a Payroll Project Consultant to join our Payroll Department in Louisville, KY. Will also consider Applicants within reasonable driving distance of Louisville.
This position plays a key role in the design of payroll and/or time and attendance system and process enhancements and production problem resolution. Establishes consistent training programs for all payroll functions, records and documents all department processes (systems, pay rules, tax setups, year-end, etc.), implements process and/or system improvements, provides technical systems support, coordinates use of new reporting tools, training aids, research tools, etc. May supervise Payroll Systems Coordinator, Associate Payroll Projects Analyst, and/or Payroll Projects Analyst.
- Provides support, recommendations, and expert advice to Payroll Managers and Sr. Director of Payroll in areas of payroll processing and reporting, quarterly and year-end payroll tax processing and reporting, and PTO processing and reporting.
- Provides leadership and consultation to address the day to day challenges in a fast-paced payroll environment (fighting the fires) as well as makes significant contributions to the continuous improvement in quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the department.
- Analyzes business requirements, develops and/or approves design specs, configures to or ensures configuration meets specifications and validates results of payroll and/or timekeeping system conversions, upgrades and enhancements.
- Provides leadership in the support of payroll and/or timekeeping system enhancements, testing, implementation and field communication.
- Leads and instructs payroll processing staff in organizing workload, communication with field, and development of policies and procedures relating to payroll, time and attendance, and/or leave entitlement issues and research.
- Applies advanced technology and tools in the analysis, design and development of complicated ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of facilities, corporate departments, management and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes technical and analytical skills to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes within the department.
- Facilitates development and presentation of training materials designed to further knowledge of payroll systems, taxes, regulatory issues, and other payroll related practices.
- Expert knowledge of Kindred time and attendance systems (Kronos Dimensions) and payroll system (SAP).
- Expert knowledge of payroll and/or time and attendance function.
- Knowledge of system development, conversion, and related project management methodology.
- Advanced report writing and Microsoft programs. Intermediate understanding of computer logic.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct and self-pace under the pressure of deadlines.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Computer Science or Business Management
- 5+ years experience that includes IS/ Payroll, project management, report writing, and system conversion
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.