Nurse Consultant, Inpatient RehabLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Nurse Consultant, Inpatient Rehab to join Kindred Healthcare in Louisville, Kentucky.
The Nursing Consultant will be responsible for:
Consultation of IRF Chief Nursing Officers and helps supports and coordinates functions and activities of nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments.
Consults with and advises Chief Nursing Officers on the nursing operations of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical department’s goals, objectives, and standards of performance, policies and procedures.
Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards.
Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
- Provides oversight of a professional working conditions for employees.
- Measures and assesses the nursing department performance with all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing department in collaboration with the CNO.
- Demonstrates knowledge of staffing plans, management of nursing hours per patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and HIPAA.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to the nursing department.
- Facilitates management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling, and performance evaluations of staff in the nursing department.
- Assures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Assures education and training is provided to nursing staff on Quality Indicators (QI); assures timely and accurate QI assessments and scoring is performed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to maintain control and respond calmly and positively during crisis situations (i.e., Code Blue).
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Orproof of intention to complete Master’s Degree
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure.
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years’ experience at a senior nursing management level.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Travel 80% of time
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.