Nurse Advocate, Lacuna - Spanish Speaking Remote RN - FT/PT Multiple SchedulesLouisville, Kentucky | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma | Phoenix, Arizona | Denver, Colorado | Tampa, Florida | Atlanta, Georgia | Boise, Idaho | New Orleans, Louisiana | Bangor, Maine | St Louis, Missouri | Asheville, North Carolina | Lincoln, Nebraska | Dover, New Hampshire | Albuquerque, New Mexico | Charleston, South Carolina | Dallas, Texas | Norfolk, Virginia | Cheyenne, Wyoming | Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Birmingham, Alabama | Milford, Delaware | Baltimore, Maryland | Saint George, Utah | Fargo, North Dakota | Cedar Rapids, Iowa | Kansas City, Kansas | Gulfport, Mississippi | Charleston, West Virginia | Franklin, Tennessee | Billings, Montana
We are recruiting for a Nurse Advocate RN to join Lacuna Health. This is a Bi-lingual (English/Spanish),Work From Home position, that can be based in any state belonging to the Nursing License Compact (NLC). Please note that the initial training period of 2-3 weeks will be in Louisville, Kentucky.
We are looking for nurses willing to work a number of schedules including:
- FT (36 hours) flex schedule with nights and/or weekends
- PT (24 hours) nights/weekends
Act as the company’s focal point for client. Documents and responds to customer requests and questions regarding locations and services, including instigating referral process for admission or services. Provide guidance to customer in areas such as post-acute care, insurance coverage and navigation of the healthcare continuum. Determine clinical level of care needed for potential patients. Provide outstanding customer service through a variety of channels including telephone, email and live chat.
- Act as Lacuna Health representative in dealing with patients of assigned clients. Listen to issues and questions as reported by customers. Topics include navigating healthcare options; care services, post-acute offerings, Medicare coverage, billing issues, as well as accessing healthcare resources.
- Utilize a variety of tools and methods to quickly provide information on patient options including but not limited to sites of service, speciality offerings, post acute care, and other related questions. Appropriately handle a variety of customer issues including location lookup, directions, job search assistance and complaints.
- For potential referrals, makes clinical level of care determination based on discussion, medical records, and any other pertinent clinical data. Matches these needs to a service site location or, if not available, look up and provide alternative services. Act as customer advocate throughout the referral process to ensure timely response and to maximize referral to admission conversion rate. Periodically update customer throughout process. Follow-up and track referral and admission outcomes.
- Acts on behalf of the customer in a healthcare advocate. Helps to educate and support customers through assisting them in post acute care decision-making.
- Creates and maintains department manuals, documentation, abstracts, and summaries that are clear, concise, complete, correct and easily understood.
- Maintains awareness and orientation to department performance objectives, meets standards, and assures customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Assists in the admissions process by acting as an ambassador for customers who meet the admissions requirements.
- Acts as liaison for outside agencies, non-plan facilities, and outside providers, in order to meet the customers needs.
- Bi-lingual with English and Spanish with the ability to effectively communicate regarding medical matters in both languages.
- Nursing background working across multiple areas of post-acute care.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and master information related to locations and services of client.
- Outstanding computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with empathy over the phone and enjoyment of interacting with others; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 5%
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Registered Nurse with professional licensure in a compact state required. This includes AL, AZ, AR, CO, DE, FL, GA, ID, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NM, NC, ND, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, and WY. May be required to obtain licensure in additional states as dictated by business needs.
- 3+ years critical care, ICU or ER based nursing experience required.
- Background in case management or utilization review is preferred.
- Background in telephonic call center strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish that include being able to converse regarding medical matters.
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.