Manager, Medical EquipmentLouisville, Kentucky
We are recruiting for a Manager, Medical Equipment to join our Planning & Development team in Franklin, Tennessee.
The Manager, Medical Equipment is a knowledge worker that uses their experience and expertise to develop medical equipment/furniture budgets. Responsible for equipment program management relative to Kindreds construction projects; Works independently, provides technical direction/guidance to contract vendors and partners. Responsible for budgeting, planning and procurement of medical equipment and furniture for projects ranging in size. Manages activities among all assembled vendors, hospital administration, contractors, architects, engineers and consultants.
- Ensure equipment procured meets clinical standards and is within scope of funded project
- Develop medical equipment list from Kindred standards and present/review with the facility.
- During the Construction Administration stage of construction, review any requested design changes that involve medical equipment to assure conformity with standards
- Develop budgets for medical equipment and furniture for proposed construction projects.
- Works directly with architects, engineers, general contractors, medical equipment vendors and hospital personnel during design development and construction phases of a project
- Assemble/Compile specifications for the equipment to be supplied, Owner Furnished Equipment brochures and Vendor drawings
- Responsible for maintaining budget and medical equipment delivery schedules.
- Obtain quotes for approved equipment from Kindred contracted vendors and ensure the pricing matches contract.
- Procurement management of medical equipment during construction process to include purchase order issuance and confirmation of receipt with the vendors
- Evaluate and monitor the project progress against contractor’s delivery schedules to verify accuracy of delivery dates
- Periodic visit hospitals to monitor status of construction and scheduled delivery dates are accurate
- Follow-up and respond to medical equipment coordination problems that routinely occur during installation of different systems. Initiate appropriate changes in the process to rectify problems, if necessary.
- Manage equipment vendors required to install.
- Travel onsite to work with facility and design team as needed. This includes roughin reviews as well as move in assistance.
- Knowledge of computerized inventory and purchasing systems, SAP in particular
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Expert experience with Excel/Access databases, pivot tables, formulas and spreadsheets
- Working Knowledge of a healthcare facility. Ideally a clinical or biomedical engineering background
- Good communication skills
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 25%
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of related procurement or supply chain experience in a healthcare setting.
- Expert knowledge of medical equipment.
- Implementation and new facility start up experience.
Depending on Candidate’s qualification, we may fill this at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.